A/C Installation II - TAMPA, FL
Safely installs equipment (horizontal air handler, vertical air handler, condenser unit, and package unit) up to a capacity of fifteen tons to meet local and state codes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Executes complex assignments.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and corrects installation-related service problems.
- Familiar with all local and state installation codes.
- Effectively leads and directs work teams of two or more.
- Supervises large jobs with multiple installers/helpers for safe, efficient, and timely completion.
- Able to build moderately complex duct systems, including transitions.
- Estimates time, materials, and draws up survey and layout as required for both residential and commercial installations.
- Horizontal Air Handler:
- Removes and replaces all necessary wooden trim.
- Removes and replaces fold down staircase.
- Removes minor obstructions in attic.
- Installs threaded rods and/or other air handler supports.
- Safely operates saws, drills, lifts and other installation-related equipment.
- Accurately and safely cuts duct boards, build plenums, trunk lines and associated duct items.
- Installs and replaces flex duct.
- Installs auxiliary drain pan and properly hooks to condensate drain or install float switch, as needed.
- Connects all condensate drain lines and tests for proper drainage flow.
- Hooks up low voltage to air handler and wall mounted thermostat for all types of applications (straight cool, heat pump, staged heat, etc.).
- Runs refrigerant lines, solders or flares as necessary, and tests for refrigerant leaks.
- Charges system to proper operating levels.
- Converts applicable air handler from vertical to horizontal application.
- Starts up newly installed air handler system.
- Vertical Air Handler:
- Removes and replaces closet doors, trim, and related hardware, as needed.
- Converts applicable air handler from horizontal to vertical application.
- Builds plenum for vertical application.
- Removes, replaces and installs wall mounting brackets, as required.
- Replaces standard return grill with filter type.
- Condenser Unit: ·Sets and levels with properly sized slab, roof support or base, as directed. ·Anchors unit to base to conform to local codes. ·Solders all refrigerant lines. ·Installs line cover. ·Installs or replaces disconnect box and circuit breakers, as necessary.
- Package Unit: In addition to all Air Handler and Condensing Units as outlined previously.·Installs duct cover to present water intrusion.·Attaches/modifies duct work, as necessary.·All electrical connections.
- Keeps abreast of current retail sales programs.
- Generates quality sales leads.
- Surveys potential sales opportunities in a sincere, honest, and professional manner.
- Attains monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals.
- Motivates coworkers on obtaining sales/service leads.
- Assists with “on the job” training.
- Prepares all job-related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Submits COD invoices daily.
- Maintains an organized and well-stocked Company vehicle.
- Available to be “on call” and/or work overtime, as needed.
- Complies with shift changes, when necessary.
- Supplies tools indicated on the attached “Tool List”.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Conforms with all safety rules and wears/uses all appropriate safety equipment.
- Other duties as required.
- Determines the needs of our customers and discusses alternatives to help them by:
- Providing customers with products/literature (including, but not limited to Roto-Rooter drain cleaner, IAQ pamphlets, A/C pamphlets, referral cards, etc.).
- Observing A/C vents for dust and dirt upon entering residence (IAQ leads).
- Inquiring about A/C comfort level in the residence (A/C leads).
- Inspecting air handlers and filters (IAQ leads)
- Inspecting thermostats for possible upgrades to digital.
- Checking pressures and temperature differentials for A/C unit efficiency (A/C leads).
- Checking drain pans for float switches (sales leads).
Education: High School diploma or equivalent; 1 year of technical training (fundamentals of A/C systems) or
equivalent on-the-job training. Successfully completed several manufacturers’ training programs
Experience: 3 years A/C refrigeration experience
Licenses/Permits/Certifications: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record; EPA Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge: A/C systems, minor electrical, and minor plumbing
Skills: Strong verbal and interpersonal skills; Strong organizational skills; Detail oriented
Abilities: Ability to follow detailed instructions; Ability to set up and operate a wide variety of test equipment; Aptitude for creating a customer-focused environment;Good decision-making
- Ability to stand, sit or bend for prolonged periods of time
- Moderate to heavy lifting
- Climbing extension ladders
- Working in small attics, high temperatures (over 120 degrees)
- Daily contact with chemicals such as (but not limited to) freon, phosgene gas, oil, coil cleaner, PVC cement and cleaner, acetylene and nitrogen
In addition to working for a respected Florida company, we offer perks and other great benefits including a comprehensive and competitive benefit program designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
Company-wide Benefits offered include:
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability options
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Discounts on Service America service contracts
- Discounts on household products and services
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation Time and Paid Holidays