Comfort Consultant - Sales (HVAC)
The Comfort Consultant is a territorial based sales person responsible to pursue and close HVAC and related product sales opportunities. The Comfort Consultant is ultimately responsible for growing sales, profitability and achieving annual quota in his/her sales territory. The sales leads will come from a combination of company generated leads and self-generated leads. This individual presents a demonstrated ability to operate independently, in coordination with the Service America support structure, in a customer-facing environment. Strong HVAC product and service understanding is essential. Acceptable physical fitness to work outside in a south Florida outdoor environment accessing enclosures, attics and roof tops, handling a large ladder weighing more than 20 pounds, is expected. Computer skills are important to facilitate selling processes, as well as effective communication and interpersonal ability to fully understand customer needs, determine appropriate HVAC solution, and gain the customer commitment to the proposal. Maintaining current knowledge of HVAC product changes and enhancements, and understanding of municipality codes for proper installation and operation is needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate timely and efficiently within a geographic sales territory, conducting him/herself professionally and positively in front of customers inside their homes.
- Evaluate existing or new HVAC site location and equipment and assess current operating condition.
- Offer service recommendations or new HVAC equipment packages as appropriate.
- Prepare and sell HVAC replacement units, as well as service and maintenance agreements.
- Implement and maintain the highest level of customer service in the industry.
- Prepare and communicate an accurate plan and site estimate to both the customer and Service America operations departments.
- Develop and generate new prospects and leads in the normal course of installation selling and managing your sales territory.
- Continue to build new customer relationships and assist in maintaining current relationships.
- Price and quote jobs based on information provided by Service America.
- Aggressively market all services offered by Service America.
- Assist in day to day service, installation, and scheduling in coordination with Service America Operations departments.
- Follow-up with customer after each install completion to ensure customer satisfaction and highlight additional business opportunities, and look to generate further lead opportunities.
- Coordinate company actions to resolve customer complaints and assure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Explain system operation and maintenance procedures to the customer.
- Submit agreements, Notice of Commencements, Permits and Credit Applications as required.
- Execute all necessary paperwork.
- Ensure accurate and timely usage and data entry of CRM tool.
- Develop, update and maintain proficient technical and sales skills to maintain an acceptable close ratio.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Conforms with all safety rules and wears/uses all appropriate safety equipment.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 3 years outside sales experience; 3-5 years HVAC industry knowledge/experience is preferred
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge: Strong understanding of HVAC product and industry basic knowledge of service industry, relevant sales, customer service and technical background.
- Skills: Excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills, computer proficiency, related technical skills, sales and presentation skills, strong computer skills are essential.
What we offer at Service America:
In addition to working for a respected Florida company, we offer perks and other great benefits including a comprehensive and competitive benefit program designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
Company-wide Benefits offered include:
- Medical insurance with option of 100% paid plan for the employee
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability options
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Discounts on Service America service contracts
- Discounts on household products and services
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation Time and Paid Holidays