A/C Technician I - Southeast Florida (Broward/Dade)
To troubleshoot and repair A/C systems, heating systems and minor plumbing, as well as to generate sales/service leads.
Essential Job Functions:
- Executes assignments that are routine in nature.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and repairs most equipment malfunctions.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles A/C systems, heating systems, and minor plumbing (including garbage disposals) according to repair manuals and manufacturers’ instructions.
- Performs minor electrical repairs and circuit breaker change-outs.
- Keeps abreast of current retail sales programs.
- Generates quality sales leads.
- Surveys potential sales opportunities in a sincere, honest, and professional manner.
- Attains monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals.
- Motivates coworkers on obtaining sales/service leads.
- Prepares all job-related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Submits COD invoices daily.
- Complies with shift changes, when necessary.
- Supplies tools indicated on the attached “Tool List”.
- Determines the needs of our customers and discusses alternatives to help them by:
- Maintains an organized and well-stocked Company vehicle.
- Available to be “on call” and/or work overtime, as needed.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conforms with and abides to all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Conforms with all safety rules and wears/uses all appropriate safety equipment.
- Other duties as required.
- Providing customers with products/literature (including, but not limited to IAQ pamphlets, A/C pamphlets, referral cards, etc.).
- Observing A/C vents for dust and dirt upon entering residence (IAQ leads).
- Inquiring about A/C comfort level in the residence (A/C leads).
- Inspecting air handlers and filters (IAQ leads).
- Inspecting thermostats for possible upgrades to digital.
- Checking pressures and temperature differentials for A/C unit efficiency (A/C leads).
- Checking drain pans for float switches (sales leads).
Education: High School diploma or equivalent; 6 months of technical training (fundamentals of A/C systems) or equivalent on-the-job training
Experience: 1 year A/C refrigeration experience
Licenses/Permits/Certifications: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record; EPA Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge: A/C systems, minor electrical, and minor plumbing
Skills: Good verbal and interpersonal skills; Good organizational skills; Detail oriented
Abilities: Ability to follow detailed instructions; Ability to set up and operate a wide variety of test equipment; Aptitude for creating a customer-focused environment; Good decision-making;
- Ability to stand, sit or bend for prolonged periods of time.
- Moderate to heavy lifting.
- Climbing extension ladders.
- Working in small attics, high temperatures (over 120 degrees).
In addition to working for a respected Florida company, we offer perks and other great benefits including a comprehensive and competitive benefit program designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
Company-wide Benefits offered include:
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability options
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Discounts on Service America service contracts
- Discounts on household products and services
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation Time and Paid Holidays